Michelle D. Wallis

Call 559-713-6363

Criminal Record Expunged

Have a Criminal Record? Get your Criminal Record Expunged

Criminal records can interfere with long-term educational, employment, and housing plans. The good news is, you may be able to get your arrest or conviction expunged from your record. An expungement proceeding happens when an individual with a prior criminal conviction seeks to have their criminal record sealed, or ‘expunged’. Once a criminal record has been expunged, it does not have to be disclosed to potential landlords, creditors, or employers. It does not have to be mentioned when voting or running for political office. This process applies to most misdemeanor and minor felony cases. There are alternative ways set aside serious felony convictions. In many cases, juvenile offenders and individuals who have been convicted of drug crimes have the easiest path to expungement.

Need to get your record expunged?

In order to get your criminal record expunged, we will need to file a petition with the court to have your case reopened and your plea set aside. There are certain conditions you must meet to have your record expunged in California:

  • At least a year must have passed since your conviction
  • You must have completed the terms of your sentence
  • You cannot be serving a sentence for any other offense
  • You cannot be charged with another offense
  • You must not have received another conviction within one year of the first
  • Your probation from the conviction you are trying to expunge must not have been revoked or restrained
  • You must not have served time in state prison for the offense for which you are seeking expungement

Michelle D. Wallis is happy to help you obtain a fresh start. If you are interested in having your criminal record expunged, call us at 559-713-6363 so we can help.